St Martins Lutheran College is seeking applications from positive and enthusiastic current Year 12 students, due to graduate in 2019, to join the staff team in 2020. At this stage we are planning to offer five traineeships for 2020.
- Education Support – Classroom trainees (4 positions)
- Administration/Retail trainee (1 position)
Duties will include:
Education Support Trainee:
- Support student learning as directed by the teacher
- Observe student learning and behaviour and pass on concerns to the teacher
- Assist with preparation of teaching resources under teacher direction
- Assist the teacher in maintaining positive communication with parents/carers
- Assist with the recording of student information
- Assist with classroom organisation including setting up and tidying up
- Reception duties in the Front Office/Ark Office
- General administration duties such as filing, photocopying and scanning
- Providing administrative support to College staff
- Sales, stock replenishment and receipting payments in the Uniform shop
- Assisting with the Uniform Shop stocktake
- Assisting with sales in the Canteen
- Most hold (or be willing to obtain) a South Australian Working with Children Check (WWCC) prior to commencement of employment
- Good organisational and time management skills, including the ability to cope with high volumes of work, changing priorities and the need to meet critical deadlines
- Must be supportive of the Christian ethos of the College
- Interpersonal skills that portray a welcoming, friendly disposition and helpful nature
The traineeships are for a 12-month period, which will include completing a Certificate 3 in a related discipline.
Benefits for you:
- Paid Full Time Job / Paid Study Time
- On the Job Training / Opportunity to learn a variety of skills
- Nationally Recognised Qualification
- Mentoring and Support
Applications, including a covering letter explaining your interest in the position, a current resume and contact details for two referees are to be received via email only by 10 November.
Enquiries and Applications to:
TRT Relief Teachers
If you would like to join the College as a relief teacher please complete the form below.
To be appointed as a relief teacher you must hold a current SA Teacher’s Registration, Responding to Abuse and Neglect (RAN) Certificate and First Aid qualifications
Volunteers are greatly appreciated within the College, please find below the Volunteer application form.