This week, students and staff from the College have participated in activities as part of “National Reconciliation Week”. National Reconciliation Week is celebrated nationally from 27 May, to 3 June.
The theme ‘In this together’ has encouraged the St Martins Lutheran College Community to learn about our shared histories and cultures.
Activities this week have included:
• Weaving fish from paper, an activity from the Torres Strait islands
• Tracing around hands, cutting out the shape and designing and decorating those hands in support of reconciliation
• White choc-chip and wattleseed cake sold at the College canteen – Wattleseed is indigenous to Australia
• Watching a screening of the newly released film, “In My blood It Runs” – The story of a 10-year old Arrernte boy from Alice Springs
• Mindfulness and colouring, puzzles and art activities
Allison McDonnell | Indigenous Education Coordinator